So, inspired by our meeting today and armed with my yarn, needles and pattern, I settled down to create the best ever trauma teddy! I carefully read the pattern and all the instructions, looked at pictures online to get an idea of “dressing” my teddy and finally began the work.
All evening I worked on it, very pleased with how it was turning out, and imagining all the wonderful teddies I was going to create after this one, thinking about children in trauma hugging them tight and being comforted.
Imagine my distress upon completion of the first side of my teddy, I carefully count my rows, yes, all correct, I have the required amount of rows from feet to top of head. HOWEVER, my teddy is 3 inches too big! I am SO upset!
I used the smallest size needles listed in the instructions, and I have the correct number of stitches and rows, yet I am 3 inches out! I don’t HAVE any needles smaller than 3:00mm!
Disheartened, I pack it all up and put it away. Down to Karen tomorrow for some advice and smaller needles! Such a shame, a pretty pink and purple teddy who is way too tall!
I’m going to bed now!